2016年5月18日 星期三

Dev log - 0108 Final Chapter - On the eve Roll Turtle launch


I have been a full time Indie Developer since 2014.  I quit my regular job to create "Roll Turtle". At that time my son was born, he gave me the courage and inspiration to create something for him.

Since becoming self-employed, I have received no income and have been living off my life savings. I have a home mortgage, a baby and a family to take care of. It is a big risk and difficult journey. But when my baby grows up in 5 or 10 years, I hope that his favorite games are made by his father. Well at least one of his favorite games is made by me.

I would like share every game development experience, play the game with him and just chat all day :)

"This game is funny? This game was created by your father when you were 2 years old!"

I want to tell him this story,
I want to see him raised his head and eyes to his father,
I want to him proud of his father.

This is a difficult decision,
when you not a young man, when you have a baby,
when you have home mortgage loans.

I am grateful to my wife for her encouragement.
She told me "just do it!"

「Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results。」
~by Einstein

I know that if I continue to stay with my regular job, this would never have happened. Things would be probably be just fine and secure, but you won't know unless you give it a shot. If you want something, you have to do something about it.

Special thanks to my wife for her support. I did all the development on Roll Turtle except for the sound design. I never wanted to say that I'm a one man Indie developer, because without my wife and baby, I could never of completed Roll Turtle. (Although my baby frequently climbs on my lap and wants to type on the keyboard... this drives me insane)

As a family,
we push Roll Turtle forward,
we adventure together, travel together, laugh together, cry together,
we setup the monitor together, carry laptop in the rain,
we pulled luggage, stroller and equipment in the sun,
we participated in Causal Connect Asia 2015, Tokyo Game Show 2015, Taipei Game Show 2016...etc,
we've been through all of this together,
Roll Turtle filled me, my wife and baby with love and memories of the past 2 years.

Thanks to God, these memories will be my life's most precious treasures.

Roll Turtle is another one of my babies.
If you love action puzzle game,
if you love stand-alone consoles game,
if you love adventure stories that have beginning and end,
if you love cute characters and fairy tales,
if you love to only pay once for a truly complete game,
you must try Roll Turtle :)

Roll Turtle will be release on iTunes App Store May 19, 2016!

~ Fin


* Roll Turtle development has come to a close. I hope that after the launch Roll Turtle can earn enough to help support the development the next game. This is the hope of most Indie developers : "Use funds from the previous game to support the next game". I understand that achieving this is out of my control even after doing all that I can do to make Roll Turtle great.

If you like Roll Turtle, please introduce it to your friends to play or share any information about Roll Turtle with others. This would help me tremendously.

A Big thanks to all my supporters!


沒有留言:

張貼留言